"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life... -Pablo Picasso

Friday, April 29, 2011

On meeting Chandrahas

I am really happy to be back in my blogging action for it has been long since I posted something. Blogging really gives one a kind of pseudo psychological satisfaction that one is contributing to the domain called writing. The idea of getting back to blogging came after meeting Chandrahas Chodhury, a noted writer of Odia origin settled in Mumbai. He was there in Utkal university to address an intellectual gathering on a topic 'Staying in literature'. As a matter of fact , I was absolutely ecstatic to see somebody who is young and successful and people like us can always relate to.

Though I am yet to explore the taste of his book Arzee the dwarf, I am quite confident that I will definitely be able to appreciate the aesthetic attached with the work.


In a response to a question on the connection between communicative English and English literature he expressed his worries by giving utmost importance to grammatically correct sentences and use of appropriate phrase. That was an absolutely honest and sincere suggestion one can implement in one's writing.

In fact, I found his blog very interesting which is a great treasure of literary material and a platform to share ideas to promote and live in literature.


I am looking forward to procure and read his book Arzee the Dwarf at the earliest since I don't want to deny myself the pleasure of reading such a wonderful book.


Jayaprakash

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear blogging is really a good habit....It shares knowledge, experience...

    ReplyDelete